INTERNSHALAInternships that matter
Newsletter Issue 93
Struggling to impress recruiter with your resume or cover letter? Try Internshala Career Servicesand get expert help.
Ok, lets start with the BIG ones!
1. One of the most awaited summer internship program, Summer Research Fellowship Program at IIT Delhi is here. Students of engineering colleges (2nd year onwards) all over India (except IITs) may apply. Detailshere
2. Not to be left behind is IIT Mandi inviting applications from 2nd year B.E/B.Tech and 1st year Masters students for its summer internship program. Internship areas include Computer Science, Electronics, Mechanical, Basic Sciences and Economics. Last date to apply is 12th March. Apply here
3. Another keenly awaited internship program, especially for students in eastern part of the country, NIT Rourkela Summer Internship program has been announced. Students of Engineering, Science, MBA, and Humanities may apply by 26th March. Detailshere
4. Nanotechnology enthusiasts can apply to Centre for Nano Science & Engineering (CeNSE) Bangalore's summer internship program. Details here
5. Undergraduate students of Geophysics, Civil, Electrical and Mechanical engineeringcan apply to Gujarat Energy Research and Management Institute's summer internship program. More details and apply here
6. IIT Roorkee is offering summer training programs for Computer Science students (details here) and for Biotechology students (details here). The last dates to apply is 18th March and 31st March respectively.
7.Among other prestigious summer internship program for Engineering & Science students, applications are now open for
i) Summer School Program at Institute for Plasma Research,
ii) International Centre For Theoretical Sciences (ICTS - TIFR), Bangalore
iii) National Metallurgical Laboratory, Jamshedpur and
iv) Central Glass and Ceramic Research Institute, Kolkata
8. Immediately available internships include Software Engineering internship atLeadscapture, Electronics & Communication Engineering internship at IIT Bombay, and Android development internship (again) at IIT Bombay.
More engineering internships here
An internship guide to the USA - the dream destination
What comes to your mind first when anybody asks you in which foreign country you would wish to intern? ‘Amrica’, all said and done, remains numero uno choice when it comes to a student's dream internship destinations.
If you have already landed yourself an internship in US or planning to get one and are wondering what living and interning in world's most developed and powerful nation may be like, here is everything that you need to know. Continue reading...
HP Summer Training Program 2014
Upgrade yourself with new technology skills and get your summer training certificate from one of the most reputed name in technology domain – HP. Enroll before 28th February and avail 7.5% off on your training fee.
There are more than 15 training that you can choose from (Core Java, Android, Robotics, ASP . NET, Linux, Networking etc.) and the program is available in all the major cities of India. Know more and register at HP Summer Training Program 2014
1. A work from home Business/Market research internship is available with Ennovent. The offered stipend is Rs. 7,000-15,000/- per month. Apply here
2. A 6 months HR internship is available atIIT Bombay. The last date to apply is 12th March. Details here
3. Institute for Rural Research & Development (IRRAD), Gurgaon is now inviting applications for its summer internship program. There is no last date mentioned, so sooner you apply, the better it would be. Apply here
4. Institute of International Education (IIE), New Delhi is inviting applications for a Management internship. The last date is 10th March. Apply here.
5. A Marketing internship is available in Chennai with Aaum Research & Analytics. The stipend offered is Rs. 5,000/- per month. Apply here
6. Sales (Business Development) internship is available with popular mobile app Whatsonn in Delhi. Apply here
More MBA internships here
How to not be an engineer or a doctor and be a pilot instead
Akshay Naravane, a 21-year-old qualified pilot from IGRUA, Raebareli, shares his experience about his journey, most of which involved him getting ‘high’.
According to my parents, being a Pilot is the costliest dream I ever had. And I second that thought completely. Everyone wanted to be a pilot when they were kids; something big and white up in the sky always got everyone’s attention and got them excited. Read more...