INTERNSHALA Internships that matter
Newsletter Issue 91
Some of these internships were first published on Internshala Facebook page. Like us there and be the first one to know!
1. Applications are invited from students with prior experience in Robotics for a Robotics course development internship at Internshala. The stipend would be between Rs. 2,500/- Rs. 10,000/- depending on whether you can join on a full time basis or part time. Details and apply here
2. IISER, Pune is inviting applications from research oriented students to participate in Summer Students Program. Research activities in IISER-Pune span both theory and experiment in biology, chemistry, mathematics and physics with a strong focus on interdisciplinary research. Last date to apply is 28th February. Apply here
3. Civil Engineering Department at IIT Guwahati is inviting applications for its annual summer internship progral. The last date to apply is 28th February. Apply here
4. The National Program on Partial Differential Equations: Theory, Computation & Applications (NPDE-TCA) at IIT Bombay is inviting applications from students who are interested in the area of Differential Equations. Last date is 20th Feb 2014. Details here
5. National Network for Mathematical and Computational Biology (NNMCB) is inviting applications from UG & PG students for its internship programme that you can participate in anytime in the year at one of its centres in Bangalore, Chennai, Delhi, Kanpur, Mohali, Pune, or Kolkata. Last date is 10th Feb. Hurry and apply here
6. National Geophysical Research Institute (NGRI), a constituent Laboratory of CSIR, is inviting applications for summer training/disseration programs. Post graduate students of geophysics, geology and earth science disciplines, Physics and Maths may apply here
7. Other immediately available internships include Software Engineering internship in Mumbai at Bloomberg, Android App development internship at Radical Logix, iOS and Windows App Development internship at Appsolute Digitech and many more
Other select internships
1.The Planning Commission of India is inviting applications from postgraduate students or 4th year students of 5 year programs of Economics, Engineering, Science, Humanities, Management etc. for its internship program in New Delhi. Here
2. Monitoring & Evaluation unit of UN Women, Delhi is inviting applications from Masters students for 6 weeks to 6 months internship program (flexible). Last date is tomorrow (10th Feb). Apply here
3. One of the most popular internship program for students interested in Public Policy, the Researchi Reality internship program for Centre For Civil Society is now accepting applications. Apply here
4. UX/UI design internships are available at ANTZ AGE, BTG, BigStem Analytics, and Bitnomix
5. Editorial & Content Writing internships are available at INC42 Magazine, MixFruitSalad, and at WeekendR
6. Architecture internships are available with HCPDCM & Dharmalaya
An internship guide to Germany - land of suprises!
Known around the globe for its engineering universities and high-tech products, it is equally known for its old-world charm and simplicity.
If you are heading to Germany this summer, or want to, then this guide would come handy to make most of your summer internship 2014. Read here
1. An analytics internship is available at Convergytics, a fast growing analytics company (with presence in US & India), in Bangalore. The stipend is Rs. 20,000/- a month. Apply here
2. A Business Development (for US markets) internship is available at BlazeClan, a start up that offers consulting & services for AWS Cloud to Enterprises, SMEs & Start-ups to help them build and deliver concepts to market faster. Details here
3. Indian Institute for Human Settlments (IIHS) is inviting applications from Masters (Magement, Humanities, Finance) students for 2-6 months internships between May-Dec 2014 period. Apply here
4. Product Managere internship (especially for students with background in CS/IT) is available at AOL Coolage, Bangalore. You can do it as Work from Home/Campus internship too. The stipend is Rs. 15-20K/month. Here.
5. Fundraising internship is available at Greenpeace India in Mumbai. Apply here
More MBA internships here
1. School of Physics & Astronomy at Cardiff University is inviting applications for its summer research internship programs. Apply for this with stipend internship here
2. Institute for Creative Technologies at University of Southern California is inviting applications for select interdisciplinary paid internships for creative and technical students wishing to pursue careers in simulation, interactive media and virtual reality fields. Details here
3. LIGO Laboratory at California Institute of Technology (Caltech) is inviting applications for a 10-week summer student research program, called the LIGO SURF Program. The selected students will get a chance to to participate in the development of gravitational-wave astronomy through the LIGO Project. Apply here
4. The applications for Biochemical Society of London's summer studentship program are now open for students interested to work in Biochemistry. The last date is 14th Feb. Details here
More international internships here
Top stories from I Paid A Bribe this week View this email in your browserOut of the box way
to fight corruptionIf corruption is a disease, then not reporting about corruption is making the disease spread. What is the way to make citizens come forward and
file a complaint against people who demand bribes?
Land available for bribe givers
Files in government offices move only with money, prove officials in Bhavanipuram municipal office. An honest citizen shares his painful story on how he had to bow down to corruption, even though he tried his best to fight paying a bribe.
A small step towards change
They say a small step can lead to change. And standing in a queue to apply for Aadhar card, a small step was taken by a senior citizen when he refused to pay a bribe.
A bribe free ride
This citizen narrates his story of how he did not have to shell out even a penny to get his vehicle registration transferred from one state to another. A process which otherwise attracts a lot of bribe demands.
Mujhse Hogi Shurvaat - Oficial video out now!
It’s with great pleasure that the team at I Paid a Bribe announces the launch of "Mujhse Hogi Shurvaat" - the music video, the song, the movement.
"Mujhse Hogi Shurvaat" (Change begins with Me) is a music video launched as part of Janaagraha's anti-corruption initiative www.ipaidabribe.com in collaboration with Shankar Mahadevan Academy.
Watch the Mujhse Hogi Shurvaat video
Uses of a PAN card
How many of us know that the use of a PAN card extends to more than just payment of taxes? Take a look at the various uses of a PAN card in India.
"India is considered a religious country, but a lot of corruption is taking place. There are many corrupt people and they pray to God but the purpose of their prayer is to make their corrupt life more successful."- Tibetan spiritual leader the Dalai Lama
Tell us what you think about I Paid A Bribe
As a user of I Paid A Bribe, we would like to hear your views about corruption and different ways of tackling it by filling in a brief online survey.
The survey is being run with the help of an academic team from New York University and Oxford University and will take around 10 minutes to complete. All responses are kept anonymous.
To complete the survey click here
View this email in your browserLessons Worth SharingTED-Ed Original Lessons
The Pangaea Pop-up - Michael Molina
Animation by TED-Ed
The supercontinent Pangaea, with its connected South America and Africa, broke apart 200 million years ago. But the continents haven't stopped shifting -- the tectonic plates beneath our feet (in Earth's two top layers, the lithosphere and the asthenosphere) are still traveling at about the rate your fingernails grow. Michael Molina discusses the catalysts and consequences of continental drift. View full lesson »
Why is glass transparent? - Mark Miodownik
Animation by Provincia Studio
If you look through your glasses, binoculars or a window, you see the world on the other side. How is it that something so solid can be so invisible? Mark Miodownik melts the scientific secret behind amorphous solids. View full lesson »
How one teenager unearthed baseball's untold history -
Teenager Cam Perron loved baseball, so he began writing letters to the veteran players on his baseball cards. He only wanted autographs, but eventually acquired something even richer: the often unsung history of the Negro leagues. After hearing the stories, Cam took it upon himself to help former Negro leaguers get the recognition, reimbursement and reconnection to the game that they deserved. View full lesson »Featured User FlipHow to clone a sheep View full lesson »Featured Blog PostFrom Pangaea to pop-up: Behind the scenes of a TED-Ed LessonTED-Ed CommunityWho is your biggest hero? Who do you want to emulate most in your classroom?
TED Talk LessonThe history of our world in 18 minutes - David Christian View full lesson »TED-Ed TumblrThe hidden meanings of yin and yang - John Bellaimey
You received this email because you subscribed to our mailing list on ed.ted.com.
Copyright © 2014 TED-Ed, All rights reserved.
250 Hudson St
New York, NY 10013
Add us to your address book